Rock of Ages opens February 8

Grab your acid washed jeans, tease your hair, and throw on your favorite leather jacket for Rambunctious Theatre Company’s production of Rock of Ages, Middle School Edition. Don’t stop believin’ and come see Rock of Ages! Tickets and more information can be found at robinsondrama.org.

The Robinson middle school drama team is putting on the Rock of Ages play February 8-17. There are over 60 cast members and a crew over 120 students. Cast members stay after school every school day and technicians have work days every weekend, often lasting longer than normal school hours. There were several opportunities for students to participate. Currently, students can help by joining Publicity and Marketing to sell tickets. The crew consists of many parts including lights, sound, makeup, set decorating, props, and paint. Paige D, a member of the paint crew, said, “Paint crew is so friendly and relaxing, it’s a great environment.”

Each crew has its own roles. Makeup is responsible for learning how to crimp hair and put makeup on the cast. The students on Set Decorations and Props make several of the props for the show and signs to advertise. The Paint Crew paints the sets and the backgrounds. The technicians spend their time preparing for the play.

The cast is responsible for learning all of their lines, memorizing the songs and choreography, and keeping up with transitions. Being in the cast requires a lot of listening and commitment in order to fully make the show process as efficiently as possible. This musical is unlike many that Rambunctious Theatre Middle School has done in the past. It includes some 80’s classics such as “The Final Countdown” and “We’re Not Gonna Take It” allowing students and audience members to have a thrilling, concert-like experience.